Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fashion

So, watching all these Houswives of {insert city], other "wives" shows, and seeing so many natural hairstyles, I am often intriged by the trends/fads we embrace.

One tends to be Christian Louboutin. Now, I do love the classy red bottom. I often see a pair or two on celebs like Beyonce or Rihanna that are the classy pump I would wear to the office or with a pair of jeans. I love the black ones with the gold toe and heel Beyonce wore recently. Love the patent, neutral tone I've seen Rihanna wear previously. Also, love a pair of blue, leopard-print ones I saw while Googling.

The platform sole with the 4-inch heel is popular. The one-inch platform up fronts helps take an inch off the 4-inch heel, so your foot feels like its in a 3-inch heel. I tried on some. My feet, which are a size 6, were too short to support such a big shoe.

I like handbags, also. Various styles and shapes, which make me not want to purchase major name brands because I like to change it up quite often.

As far as this natural hair revolution. So many women are doing it because its a trend. So many women do it because they want to be apart of a revolution and oppose chemicals. So many women take this stance and DARE a chemical head or white person say something out the way. They are so adament about being different/unique that they want you to raise their blood pressure. Going natural should be to improve the health and quality of your hair. If its not any longer than it was with chemicals, then go back to the chemicals. If you prefer the natural styles over the long ones, then okay - I see that. And everyone has a blog/vlog dedicated to their hair care. ugh....overkill.

So, this was just a light-hearted post on girly topics of interest while I wait on Joel Osteen to come on and then I must do school work. Working on a Masters. Didn't want to engage in a controversal topic or one that "raises my blood pressure." Wanted to keep a calm, cool head this easy Sunday morning. Now going to get my spiritual nurishment. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment