Monday, December 28, 2009

No More Tyra Show

So, I guess Tyra ran out of "qwirky" topics and decided to end her "goofy" show. I must admit that I've found a lot of her shows interesting (the period show, the real hair show). Because of her show I have crushes on Reggie Bush and 50 Cent. Before, they were just fine, sexy, chocolate brothers, but due to her interviews with them, I got to see the caring, fun, and even sexier side of these brothas. Also, she was a major Beyonce fan. I like B, but not everything she does. Tyra would mention B almost EVERY day.

She's supposed to be concentrating more on producing films. I dunno....I think she should produce some films first before dropping the show. It really got good ratings and won awards every year its been on, which is impressive for a former supermodel turned talk show host.

I wish she would end ANTM. Enough of that already! We all know how to walk, pose, show our emotions, and most imporantly, SMILE WITH OUR EYES. There are too many models out there, which brings down their value - especially when singers/actresses model, too. One good thing about ANTM is that it taught us to embrace our unique qualities. Now you have people with all kinds of "flaws" posting pics of themselves with confidence. But, again, ENOUGH already. After Eva's season and Jade's season (yes, I know Jade did not win, but she owned that season) - I was done. I watched a couple of other seasons after that, but not as consistently or with much interest.

So, now I wonder who will fill in the two-hour time slot of the CW everyday when she goes off? I suspect all kinds of people will try being a talk show host again like back in teh 90's when Gayle King, Tempestt Bledsoe, and Ananda Lewis dipped into that arena. Who will fill Oprah's spot?

I'd love to see Solange have a talk show. Random, huh? But that chick is smart, diverse, and open-minded. She speaks with ease and has the confidence to talk about things and to be a good, positive, young woman on t.v. Make it happen Papa Knowles!!!

Who would you like to see with a talk show? I'd like to see a good male with one, but who?

No comments:

Post a Comment