Sunday, December 27, 2009

Welcome to My Blog

Greetings world! I'm coming to you sharing my life experiences as a young, professional, successful, single, black female. I will discuss almost anything and everything that comes to mind or happens to me. Most of it will likely be work-related since I am climbing the corporate ladder in a white and/or male-dominated field. This is also due to my persistent drive, determination, and zealous desire to achieve. I've always been a high-achiever and this career allows me to be just that, but not at the pace I would like. I'm a fast-paced high-achiever! I am not a complacent person. I'm tired of feeling like they don't recognize how GREAT I really am. On paper, everything looks great (great ratings, bonuses, etc), so I can't complain, but there is something in me that just does not allow me to be satisfied. Gotta work on that.



I will also focus a lot on relationships, which I appear to be terrible at - let them tell it. Since I am a high-achiever, ya know, this go for all areas of my life, not just my career. I'm picky about my personal life and who I share it with. Now, I'm not just talking about my intimate relationships with men, but with women also. Both are either too insecure to be genuinely happy for my success without feeling threatened (not that I'm a baller or anything, its just that sometimes WE act like no one can have anything except us and feel like we must compete with other successful blacks in order to sleep well at night). Anyway, I tend to be a loner, so not having many relationships in my life with people is okay.



I will focus on religion, as well. I'm a firm believer in God and the power of prayer. I'm no preacher, but when I hear a good message, I will share it. If I read a good passage, I will share it.



I will talk about finances. We, as blacks, are behind in the finance game. We are learning and catching up. I'm learning, too. I own a home, but am researching and getting into more investments, such as high-yield savings accounts, mutual funds and IRAs.



My guilty pleasure is reality tv and entertainment blogs, so I will definitely be discussing things. I won't post anything new (I'm not trying to be the messenger) just discussing.



Of course, ladies, I will discuss fashion and beauty. I'm a simple chick, so I don't shop a LOT and I don't change up my hair and all that kinda stuff much. I am cute and simple and like it that way.



I want this to be interactive. This is my first blog and I'm not aware how others can comment on the posts, but I hope people (men and women) can benefit from the blog and learn from each other (myself included).



I tend to be kinda lengthy, but I'll try to put as much white space in there as possible to ease the reading.



I just hope I can remain consistent with this. I'm not good with routines, but I'm working on it and so many other things in my life, right now. Come along for the ride!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment